Below are some pieces I’m particularly proud of. Other outlets I’ve written for include Mashable, The Observer, Mental Floss, Architectural Record, Fatherly, SyFy Wire, Scienceline, and The American Gardener.
- Dark matter has never killed anyone, and scientists want to know why
- Red wine could hold the secret to staying buff on the moon
- This ‘chameleon theory’ explains things about gravity that Einstein couldn’t
- Astronomers just made one giant leap in solving a bizarre cosmic mystery
- Selling tickets to the space station is actually decades overdue
- A bizarre new theory connects supernovae explosions with humans’ ability to walk upright
- The Israeli moon crash reminds us that lunar landings are a pain in the butt
- The president wants NASA back on the moon by 2024—a risky and unrealistic request
- The ‘all-natural’ label on your LaCroix is meaningless, but that doesn’t mean the seltzer is bad for you
- Lab-grown pig lungs are great news for the future of organ transplantation
- The world agreed to ban this ozone killer years ago—but it looks like someone is making more
- Your forearm is a great place to grow a new ear
- Scientists just discovered a strange new DNA shape lurking in human cells
- A new study on concussions and Parkinson’s provides one more reason to protect your noggin
- Many heavy pot users suffer severe nausea—and they’ve all landed on the same weird solution
New York Magazine
- An Academic Reported Sexual Harassment. Her University Allegedly Retaliated
- Jeffrey Epstein Liked Palling Around With Scientists — What Do They Think Now?
The Daily Beast
- Want to Go to Mars? First, Learn How to Hibernate
- Could Life Evolve on Mars?
- The Space Kingdom of Asgardia Christens Itself in Vienna
- Deadly Cashew Nut Oil Is Poised to Take On Antibiotic-Resistant Superbugs
- Can Carbon Farming Reverse Climate Change?
- No, Oliver North—Ritalin Is Not Leading to School Shootings
- Astronauts Have a Superhuman Ability to Manage Stress
- How Testosterone Could Help Women Fight Multiple Sclerosis
- This Worm Can Express Three Sexes Simultaneously
- We Can’t Measure Pain. Is That Fueling the Opioid Crisis?
- This Universal Jab Will Make the Flu a Horrible, Distant Memory
- Albatross Populations Suffer a Double Whammy of Human Activity
- Research Reveals Exactly Why Peregrine Falcons Are so Deadly
- Space Jam
- This Is the First Time in History a NASA Administrator’s Nomination Has Been Politically Fraught
- Did Ryan Zinke Give Florida an Offshore Drilling Exemption Because of Mar-a-Lago?
- It’s Surprisingly Easy to Lose a Satellite, Even One Worth Millions
- How Interesting Does Science Have to Be for the Public to Fund It?
- Hunting Coyotes in Cities Only Makes Coyote Populations Grow
- This Space for Rent
- Lifting the Ban on Elephant Trophies Will Probably Help Save Elephants
- How Did Scientists Discover a Massive Hole in the Great Pyramid?
- Could Trump Fund Science by Back-Channeling Military Investment?
- It Still Doesn’t Really Matter What A.I. Can Score on IQ Tests
- Donald Trump Should Stop Obsessing Over the Moon
- The Man Who Could Make Interstellar Travel to Alpha Centauri Possible
- In the Future, Pop Hits Will Be Made by Machines
- I Went to Budapest’s Most Famous “Ruin Bar”
- How on Earth Does NASA Have a Spacesuit Crisis?
- Branding Experts: Despite SpaceX, NASA Is Still Beyoncé
- Martian Politics Are a Mess and We Haven’t Even Arrived
- Screw Aristotle — Terraforming Mars is the Right Thing to Do
- No One Wants to Live in My Simulation Space Colony
- Yes, California Really Could Launch Its Own Space Agency
- How Mike Pence and the National Space Council Will Govern the Cosmos
- The Rocket Scientist Who Woke the Stars
- Claudius Gros Is the Johnny Appleseed of Extraterrestrial Life
- What the Oldest Fossils On Earth Tell Us About Life on Mars
- Don’t Blame the Multiverse for Humanity’s Shortcomings
- Don’t Try This at Home: Making Lightning Bolts With Rockets
- Organ Banking: From Impossible to Slightly Less Impossible
- Nepal’s Recent Quakes Don’t Mean a Bigger One Isn’t Coming
- What the Oil Spill Off Santa Barbara Is Going to Kill
- Big Question: Why Does Booze Help Me Play Better Pool?
- Cuba Has a Lung Cancer Vaccine—And America Wants It
- The Science of Telemedicine: A Lifesaver in the Right Place
- Crowdfunded Science Is Here. But Is It LegitScience?
- No, These Biohackers Can’t Give Themselves Infrared Vision
- The Severe Challenges of Bringing Cyclone Relief to Vanuatu
- How Climate Change Will Alter New York City’s Skyline
- Innovations: Why The Future Of Search And Rescue Might Rely On This Drone
- Innovations: Why The Future Might Look A Lot Like ‘Minority Report’
- Innovations: How To Save 3 Billion Lives — By Just Adding Water
- Why Is Moscow Developing An Army Of Automated Insects?
- Innovations: The Little Engine That Can
- Malta Pilots Blockchain-Based Credentials Program
- Nobel Shocker: RCA Had the First Blue LED in 1972
- Brian Monks: Keeping Bogus Electronics Out of Consumers’ Hands
- Averting Space Doom: Solving the Orbital Junk Problem
- Malware Could Steal Data from iPhones Using Siri
- Jerobeam Fenderson’s Trippy Oscilloscope Music