Here are some pieces I’m particularly proud of:
- The world agreed to ban this ozone killer years ago—but it looks like someone is making more
- Your forearm is a great place to grow a new ear
- Human thigh bones apparently make excellent weapons in close combat
- Scientists just discovered a strange new DNA shape lurking in human cells
- A new study on concussions and Parkinson’s provides one more reason to protect your noggin
- If you love staying up late and sleeping in, doing otherwise might actually hurt your health
- Many heavy pot users suffer severe nausea—and they’ve all landed on the same weird solution
- How littleBits Engineers Turn Their Ideas Into DIY Kits
- The Greatest Space Hack Ever
- Gamers Reveal The Inner Workings Of The Eye
- Was Quarantine The Right Move?
- Is IBM Making Plans For The End Of Silicon?
New York Magazine
The Daily Beast
- Astronauts Have a Superhuman Ability to Manage Stress
- How Testosterone Could Help Women Fight Multiple Sclerosis
- This Worm Can Express Three Sexes Simultaneously
- We Can’t Measure Pain. Is That Fueling the Opioid Crisis?
- Why Doctors Aren’t Afraid of Better, More Efficient AI Diagnosing Cancer
- Is the Fountain of Youth in Amish Genes?
- This Universal Jab Will Make the Flu a Horrible, Distant Memory
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Is Making Untreatable Cancer Treatable
- Albatross Populations Suffer a Double Whammy of Human Activity
- Research Reveals Exactly Why Peregrine Falcons Are so Deadly
- Space Jam
- This Is the First Time in History a NASA Administrator’s Nomination Has Been Politically Fraught
- Trump’s Solar-Panel Tariff Will Kill More Jobs Than It Can Possibly Create
- Did Ryan Zinke Give Florida an Offshore Drilling Exemption Because of Mar-a-Lago?
- It’s Surprisingly Easy to Lose a Satellite, Even One Worth Millions
- How Interesting Does Science Have to Be for the Public to Fund It?
- It’s Time to Let Go of Our Dreams of Going to Venus
- Hunting Coyotes in Cities Only Makes Coyote Populations Grow
- It’s Not the Heat. It’s the Humidity.
- NASA Is Pivoting to Astrobiology
- This Space for Rent
- Trump Wants to Go to the Moon. Do Private Space Companies?
- Lifting the Ban on Elephant Trophies Will Probably Help Save Elephants
- How Did Scientists Discover a Massive Hole in the Great Pyramid?
- Trump’s New NASA Chief Controls One of the Most Important Parts of Climate Science
- Blue Origin’s Successful Engine Test Might Free Us From Dependence on Russian Engines
- Could Trump Fund Science by Back-Channeling Military Investment?
- It Still Doesn’t Really Matter What A.I. Can Score on IQ Tests
- When Scientists Discovered Neutron Stars Colliding, How Did Artists Know What to Draw?
- The Future of Cybersecurity Might Look a Lot Like Snapchat
- Donald Trump Should Stop Obsessing Over the Moon
- Aliens on ‘Super-Earths’ Might be Trapped on Those Worlds Forever
- How Elon Musk’s Plan to Colonize Mars Helps Planet Earth
- The Man Who Could Make Interstellar Travel to Alpha Centauri Possible
- In the Future, Pop Hits Will Be Made by Machines
- We Finally Have Proof the Alien Megastructures Star is Not Aliens
- A Year After Catastrophe, SpaceX’s Future is Brighter Than Ever
- I Went to Budapest’s Most Famous “Ruin Bar”
- The Path to Mars Will Probably Include a Pit Stop on Phobos
- Why Trump Loves the Moon So Much
- How on Earth Does NASA Have a Spacesuit Crisis?
- Branding Experts: Despite SpaceX, NASA Is Still Beyoncé
- Martian Politics Are a Mess and We Haven’t Even Arrived
- Astronomers Discover 7 Earth-Sized Planets 40 Light-Years Away
- Screw Aristotle — Terraforming Mars is the Right Thing to Do
- Gravitational Wave Interferometers Prove Einstein Right
- No One Wants to Live in My Simulation Space Colony
- Yes, California Really Could Launch Its Own Space Agency
- How Would President Trump Talk to Alien Invaders?
- How Mike Pence and the National Space Council Will Govern the Cosmos
- The Rocket Scientist Who Woke the Stars
- Claudius Gros Is the Johnny Appleseed of Extraterrestrial Life
- What the Oldest Fossils On Earth Tell Us About Life on Mars
- Don’t Blame the Multiverse for Humanity’s Shortcomings
- The Tech Industry Suddently Wants Customer Feedback But Won’t Shut the Hell Up
- Don’t Try This at Home: Making Lightning Bolts With Rockets
- Organ Banking: From Impossible to Slightly Less Impossible
- Nepal’s Recent Quakes Don’t Mean a Bigger One Isn’t Coming
- What the Oil Spill Off Santa Barbara Is Going to Kill
- Big Question: Why Does Booze Help Me Play Better Pool?
- Cuba Has a Lung Cancer Vaccine—And America Wants It
- The Science of Telemedicine: A Lifesaver in the Right Place
- Crowdfunded Science Is Here. But Is It LegitScience?
- No, These Biohackers Can’t Give Themselves Infrared Vision
- The Severe Challenges of Bringing Cyclone Relief to Vanuatu
- How Climate Change Will Alter New York City’s Skyline
- Innovations: Why The Future Of Search And Rescue Might Rely On This Drone
- Innovations: Why The Future Might Look A Lot Like ‘Minority Report’
- Innovations: How To Save 3 Billion Lives — By Just Adding Water
- Why Is Moscow Developing An Army Of Automated Insects?
- Innovations: The Little Engine That Can
- Nobel Shocker: RCA Had the First Blue LED in 1972
- Brian Monks: Keeping Bogus Electronics Out of Consumers’ Hands
- Averting Space Doom: Solving the Orbital Junk Problem
- Malware Could Steal Data from iPhones Using Siri
- Jerobeam Fenderson’s Trippy Oscilloscope Music